Ready to Fight for You
Nearly 50% of the circuit court cases are in some way related to family law. They are either cases about child support, custody, visitation, paternity, alimony, domestic violence/abuse or some aspect of what is generally considered “family law”.
Why such a high percentage of cases filed in the area family law? In my view, because of the inordinate amount of stress put upon the modern American family. These stresses are emotional, financial, governmental, spiritual. These stresses have caused the fabric of the average American family to unravel.
It is often difficult for a client to face the reality that they have been rejected or that their spouse has a girl friend or boyfriend or that they might not see their children on a daily basis. They often experience feelings of fear and shame and outright hatred for the other person.
A family law client generally lacks information about the following issues and has questions such as:
- How can I pay the bills on one income when we were barely making it on two incomes?
- Do I have to find a job?
- Who will take care of the kids if I go back to work?
- Will I be able to finish my education?
- What can I expect to receive or expect to pay in child support?
- Will I receive spousal support (alimony) or will I have to pay my spouse support?
- Is this a temporary or permanent spousal support case?
- Will I be awarded full custody or partial custody?
- How often will I see my children?
- Can I or my spouse move to another city or state with the Kids?
- How long will this case take to resolve?
- How much will this cost in Attorney fees?
- Can I get my spouse to pay for my attorney fees?
- Is my spouse going to get part of my pension?
- Am I going to be responsible for my spouses’ bills?
- We’re upside down in the house, who is going to be responsible for the mortgage.
It has been my experience that information is a good antidote to fear and bad feelings. The challenge for a family law attorney is to work through the fears, emotions and bad feelings the parties generally have and identify those facts and circumstances which are relevant to resolving the case and which alleviate the fear of the unknown.
I will give you the information you need to make an intelligent decision regarding your future. I am an experienced family law attorney who has handled thousands of cases. I will fight for your rights and the rights of your children and tell you the truth about the Judge assigned to your case; whether your “goals” are realistic and what you can expect to pay in attorney fees and costs to accomplish those goals. Call or email me today to arrange for a free consultation.
- 1 Free Consultation
- 2 Call 24/7
- 3 Over 25 Years of Experience